Dear SERV family members and loved ones,
SERV is committed to providing care to the individuals we serve.
We understand that the news surrounding COVID-19 is concerning. Please rest assured that we are taking necessary precautions to fight this ongoing crisis in order to keep your loved one safe.
- Our incredible direct support employees are considered essential service providers and are exempt from Governor Murphy’s executive order that NJ residents stay home. They will continue to provide your loved one with exceptional care.
- All administrative and otherwise non-essential employees have been instructed to work from home, whenever possible, in accordance with Governor Murphy’s executive order.
- We are following CDC-recommended cleaning regimens to minimize surface contamination. All door handles, windows, bathrooms, kitchens, and other heavily-trafficked areas are being disinfected.
- We are following social distancing practices, ensuring that staff and consumers maintain the recommended 6-foot distance whenever possible.
- For the safety of our staff and the individuals we serve, we have temporarily halted all in-person visitations. We encourage you to schedule a virtual visit with your loved one via ZOOM Cloud Meeting. Please contact your loved one’s program site for instructions and to provide your email address for scheduling.
- Our staff is working tirelessly to boost morale and maintain an upbeat, positive environment for your loved ones. Recently, we purchased a variety of recreational items and games for our residential program sites, which has resulted in a lot of encouraging feedback. Another way we are keeping the consumers occupied and engaged is through activities such as arts and crafts. Many of the day program and clinical staff are also working directly in the residential properties to provide additional support to the DSPs.
- Effective March 17, 2020, the following day programs have been closed until further notice:
SERV Centers of New Jersey
Clifton Behavioral Healthcare
Adapt Partial Daycare Mercer County
Adapt Partial Daycare Hudson and Passaic Counties
SERV Achievement Centers of New Jersey
Mercer County Progressive Achievement Centers
Union County Progressive Achievement Centers
We will continue to evaluate these measures as new guidance becomes available, and we will inform you of any changes. Thank you for trusting SERV during this unique and difficult time.
Regina Widdows, President & CEO